The Regional Arts Council of Zachary seeks nominations for new board members with terms beginning immediately. Please review the job description below and submit nominations here. Thank you for utilizing your time, talent, and treasure to advance our mission.
The Board will support the work of RACZ and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. As RACZ is an all-volunteer organization with limited contract support, every board member is expected to be actively engaged in the operations of the organization. Specific board member responsibilities include:
Leadership, governance and oversight
- Participate in the creation of a strategic plan and oversee its implementation
- Review outcomes and metrics created by RACZ for evaluating its impact, and regularly measure its performance and effectiveness using those metrics
- Approve RACZ’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Assist the board chair in identifying and recruiting other board members
- Review agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
- Partner with other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Serve on committees and take on special assignments
- Represent RACZ to stakeholders; act as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensure RACZ’s commitment to a diverse board reflects the communities RACZ serves
RACZ board members will consider RACZ a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. So that RACZ can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, businesses, and individuals, RACZ expects to have 100% of board members make an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity. All board members are expected to identify and cultivate relationships with potential donors.
RACZ’s board members will serve a three-year term and will be eligible for re-appointment for one additional term. Board meetings will be held monthly. Attendance at 80% of the meetings is required. Board members are also expected to be actively engaged at RACZ events, programs, and fundraisers through attendance, promotion, and leadership.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about RACZ’s mission. RACZ is interested in individuals with diverse experience, knowledge, skill sets, and networks.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Extensive professional experience with executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
- Willingness to take charge of current and new programs, delegating to volunteers where appropriate
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of residents of Zachary and the surrounding communities
- A commitment to and understanding of RACZ’s mission
Service on RACZ’s Board of Directors is without remuneration.